• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for Lightroom 4 Mac installer download

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I wanted to re-install Lightroom 4 on my MacBook but the Adobe support list doesnt have the installer for Macs, just the Windows one is available.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

The Download Photoshop Lightroom page says "Contact Support" for LR 4 on OS X.  Since the page provides the download for Windows, I'm guessing that there may be some serious problems with LR 4 running on newer versions of OS X.   Have you tried contacting support?  (That's often an exercise in extreme frustration with any company, more so with Adobe.  It's hard to trust whatever any one person at Adobe Support says, given the number of reports here over the years about incorrect information from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2296468 may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have this problem as well.  I looked at that thread you mentioned and the url referenced for lightroom 4 is:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

When I go to that link, I do not see any download for Lightroom 4.  I realize this product is quite old but I still find it useful and would like to continue using it.

Thank you

Steve Hall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Download Photoshop Lightroom page says "Contact Support" for LR 4 on OS X.  Since the page provides the download for Windows, I'm guessing that there may be some serious problems with LR 4 running on newer versions of OS X.   Have you tried contacting support?  (That's often an exercise in extreme frustration with any company, more so with Adobe.  It's hard to trust whatever any one person at Adobe Support says, given the number of reports here over the years about incorrect information from support.)

But last month, someone noticed that the Windows download link was actually for Mac.  From that thread, I was able to reconstruct a URL that works: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/4.x/Lightroom_4_LS11_mac_4_4_1.dmg  . You could try this, but note my warning in the previous paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I did click the "contact support" link, which brought me to these forums.  I am downloading the link you reconstructed and will give it a go after it downloads.  Thanks for the pointer

Steve Hall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you have to dig hard to find the chat link or a phone number.  This forum is primarily user-to-user, with occasional visits by low-level Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve. I'm trying to upgrade to LR4 from LR3 because I jut got the Canon 5D mark iii and it is not compatible with LR3.

Did that link that John sent work for you?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't upgrade from LR3 to LR4 with any links. You have to purchase it. And since Adobe doesn'tsell LR 4 any more, you'd have to find a 3rd party seller. You ought to upgrade to LR 6, which Adobe does sell, if your operating system supports it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice, thanks!

The link still works.

But Adobe is too XX to realize it themselves...

I just spent almost 3 hours with so-called "customer care" and they finally sent me a link to another website!

There's also a link on MacWorld.

Even this Forum is not working, as I try to type this it keeps jumping to the top of the page.

I am happy that there are sensible alternatives to Lightroom on the market. I will never upgrade to a subscription-based Lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the link they gave you I am trying to migrate my old LR 4.0 to a new MAC and have a license which ollows for multiple stations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the answer marked as "Correct" earlier in this thread. Does that not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it!

Thanks for the foLLow up too!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you thank you for the installer link!!! working for an hour trying to figure out what the problem was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this link.. it's exactly what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the link, and it flys by for the first half or 3/4 (4 min for full download) but then crawls to saying 1-2 hours. Then it cancels eventually. But my speed is good. Is anyone else having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to successfully download it just now. Try again in a bit or on a different network connection. If after a couple hours it still doesn't work, send me a private message on the forum with your email address, and I'll WeTransfer it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! On the 9th try it finally finished!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good. It was likely a problem with the Content Distribution Network that Adobe contracts with, which can have problems in some parts of the world but not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this link does not seem to work anymore. Has nayone a working link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my gosh!! thank you so much!! I spent almost 5 hours trying to figure it out and on the phjone with % different reps that kept telling They should get this fixed what I already had seen for myself!! When  are tough and you can subscribe to the CC at least I'll have this for my back up!!

Really appreciate this!!

Thank you again, Cari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lightroom community. I am in need of the lightroom 4 for MAC OS link. I have tried the forum but I think all the links are no longer working. Can anyome please help me get a LR4 download. I stupidly sold my USB Drive when I sold my desctop and now have the LR4 cd but no means of getting it onto my laptop.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Mac operating system are you running? If Catalina, then Lightroom 4 will not install or run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, Im running Yosemite so am hoping that it should work. I'm pretty sure I had run LR4 on this laptop. I had an iMac and was running it on there but have since sold the iMac and my USB drive (not a great move in hindsight). Only realised recently I had the LR4 CD but no means of getting it on my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines