• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Ai file to Ae

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Ai for years and I am new to using After Effects. I am using ai for importing my drawings to ae and creating animations and cartoons. I've made my characters and imported the files grouped and it worked great. I then made a title screen in ai with a font and saved it exactly the same way as with my characters. But when I import this title screen file it shows up black and blank, any obvious reason why it may be doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be a black fill illustration file and you have a composition with a black background?

Drop a non-black solid underneath it to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also change the comp's background color in the comp settings.  That way, you can see the AI stuff if it happens to be black and you can still maintain transparency if you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi picklesthedoodler,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help you out but in Illustrator you need to release the paths to layers in order for AE to read them as individual layers. Also, when importing .ai files in AE you need to select "Import as composition". There is another feature inside AE which you might find useful when working with .ai files called "create shapes from vector layers". Here's how to do it:

https://bluefx.net/converting-illustrator-files-to-shapes-in-after-effects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines