• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom performance is so poor.

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like no matter what I do the performance is always horrible. I have my photos feeding off my SSD. And yes my computer is extremely well  maintained. All my drivers are up to date aswell. I play games all the time at 60-140fps. There is no reason that lightroom should feel and react so sluggish. Am I missing something here?

Specs

120hz 1ms Response monitor
3770k OC
980GTX

http://i.imgur.com/cGrnLfO.png

http://i.imgur.com/fgFQwM9.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

This is a known deficiency in Lightroom, that brushing and spot healing can be slow, particularly if you do a lot of brushing or if your original photos are very large in pixels or megapixels, or both. Since your monitor is 1920x1080, make sure you have turned OFF the GPU acceleration (go to Preferences, click on Performance, then uncheck "Use Graphics Processor".

Another thought that might speed this up: Do the brushing in LR as the next to last editing step, and as the last step (if needed) tur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An e-book worth reading- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/performance/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain EXACTLY what Lightroom actions are slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks wobertc, went through it. As for what is slow, using a a tablet for brushing is slow, and how long it takes effects to reflect on the image are slow aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known deficiency in Lightroom, that brushing and spot healing can be slow, particularly if you do a lot of brushing or if your original photos are very large in pixels or megapixels, or both. Since your monitor is 1920x1080, make sure you have turned OFF the GPU acceleration (go to Preferences, click on Performance, then uncheck "Use Graphics Processor".

Another thought that might speed this up: Do the brushing in LR as the next to last editing step, and as the last step (if needed) turn on any lens corrections and transformations

If you are going to do a lot of brushing and/or a lot of spot healing, then you might want to consider doing this in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, where it will be done a lot faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can report that I have in the past experienced the extreme 'go-slow' in Lightroom, especially in the Book module. (pages would not delete, and many actions took ~60 seconds).  Even my Windows-10 operating system was slow after a long time waiting for Lightroom to close.

I have not seen the same slowness since doing the following-

I  disabled the Nvidia Graphics in Windows Device Manager and then un-installed ALL Nvidia programs. (all the "Game Ready" garbage)

Then re-installed the basic graphics card drivers from the Nvidia site.

ScreenShot069.jpg

My graphics card recently would not 'start' the OS (blank screen) so I am awaiting a new graphics card and running my one screen at 1920x1080 using the MB on-board Intel graphics driver- Lightroom is a fast as ever!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines