• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that, and there is nothing "fairly odd" about it.  I find it outrageous and absolutely ludicrous that the staff simply will not acknowledge the fact that a windows update can cause ALL Adobe programs to crash permanently, and there is nothing one can do to fix it other than purchasing a new device.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tsjanith it is absolutely possible for individuals to receive a variety of errors.  Can you please post a screen shot of the current error you are receiving?  What version of Photoshop are you attempting to open?

Details on how to post a screen shot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

You can forage the entire internet for a solution for this problem, and all you will find are poorly made videos with 92% dislike to like ratio, "solutions" that involve esoteric command prompt sorcery which only serves to create problems in other areas of the device without solving this error, but most of all, threads that are left ignored.  This message pops up every 8 or so seconds, and if left alone, they will stack indefinitely on top of one another.

And lo and behold: Capture1.PNG

After the same obligatory, compulsory windows update, Adobe Premiere Pro won't work either!  Well over three years have gone by with these programs, and with this one "update", they have suddenly and permanently broken beyond repair. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion and moving this discussion to the Premiere Pro CS6 & Earlier forum.

Tsjanith these type of errors can typically occur when a Visual C++ Runtime library is not installed properly.  Have you had problems with any other applications besides Premiere Pro and CS6 Service Manager?

I would recommend utilizing the suggestions listed in Error: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime..." | Install | Adobe After Effects, Adobe Encore, Adobe Premie... to troubleshoot the current error.

There also is a relevant discussion which points to the Visual C++ Runtime library at CS6 Service Manager.exe System Error .  The error is slightly different than what you posted but it still does point to the reinstallation of the affected library resolving the error.

The community in the Premiere Pro CS6 & Earlier forum may have additional suggestions as they are more familiar with these type of errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only issues I have had are with all things Adobe (as far as I can telll.  The "update" just insisted on itself late last night). I've purged the runtime library and reinstalled.  It took a lot of time and effort.  The problem persists.

And John T Smith I've heard the old driver run around 100s of times already.  1)It never works and 2) playing around with drivers causes other, often serious problems.  The driver run around is the confounding answer people give when they don't actually have an answer, and want to appear like they know what they're talking about to strangers on the internet.  It is the opposite of helpful and endlessly frustrating consistently running into driver thumpers.  If you don't know anything about the problem, try not responding.  Jeff by marking that nonsense as "helpful" you're adding to the problem.  Just stop it with the drivers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, Premiere Pro CS6 works just fine on MY computer, so I clearly can't help with problems on YOUR computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tsjanith if you feel there was an error when installing the update you are welcome to review the installation logs.  Details on how to locate the installation log can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors​.  If you discover any errors from the log then please post them to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry that you are not able to use Premiere Pro CS6 on your Windows machine, Tsjanith.

Please confirm the exact version of your OS & Premiere Pro. FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Do you have a dual monitor setup? If so, how are they connected to your machine? (VGA/DVI/HDMI)

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use it just fine for just short of three and a half years before yesterday, when a massive mandatory update happened. Now I am unable to use any and all Adobe programs. No duel monitor, just this PC. 

I am unable to tell you the exact version I am using as it crashes on startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when a massive mandatory update happened.

Are you referring to an OS update or Adobe update? Are you on Windows 10?

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

IF you have Windows 10

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines