• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images or output video get 'squished'

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images get squished when I pull them into an existing composition with the Pixel Aspect Ratio set to 'Square Pixels' (see composition settings in Group A screengrab below). It happens whether I import an image I created in PS or AI, or a random image downloaded from the web. It's easy enough to manually 'stretch' the image and go about my way, but I doubt that's the normal workflow.  Once I've done the 'stretching' the output video is fine.

OR, If I create a new project from scratch and drag an image down to the 'create composition icon' it will render perfectly in the composition panel, but the output video will render similarly squished.

For what it's worth, I don't seem to have the same issue with video based on a quick test I did with an iPhone video.

It seems the issue is AE's reading/interpreting the file with a PAR of (0.91).  What can I do to change/fix this?  Very much appreciate any help!

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 6.34.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 6.29.42 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Read up on footage interpretation. Your images simply happen to be NTSC sized and AE therefore automatically assumes a non-square pixel aspect ration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read up on footage interpretation. Your images simply happen to be NTSC sized and AE therefore automatically assumes a non-square pixel aspect ration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines