• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving metadata to an original photo in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all my photos saved to an external hard drive which recently became corrupted.  I therefore couldn't open the files in Lightroom because my PC was unable to identify the external harddrive.  Luckily I also had all the photos saved to my c: drive and I was able to redirect the Lightroom catalogue to look for the photos on my c: drive instead.  However, I had previously saved the metadata to the photos on my external hard drive and now I can't seem to save the metadata to my original photos on my c: drive.  The metadata says it is up to date in Lightroom, but if I open a photo from my c: drive in another application, I can't see the changes.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Right no other program can read the changes made to the images by LR. LR is a Non Destructive Editor, Saving the changes made to images in the LR Catalog file and to a XMP sidecar file "IF" you have that option checked.

The only way to include the edits you have made to an image so other programs can see them is it Export the images using either the JPG or TIFF file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right no other program can read the changes made to the images by LR. LR is a Non Destructive Editor, Saving the changes made to images in the LR Catalog file and to a XMP sidecar file "IF" you have that option checked.

The only way to include the edits you have made to an image so other programs can see them is it Export the images using either the JPG or TIFF file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines