4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 11:02 AM by georgep820942

Elements 15 (or the iMac) will not complete installation

georgep820942

I bought Photoshop Elements 15 the other day, and attempted to install it on my new iMac. Eight attempted installations have been unsuccessful. I printed a copy of Adobe's troubleshooting guide and followed all instructions.  No joy. The installation makes it completely to the end, and then I get a window saying, "Adobe Application Manager quit unexpectedly." followed by a long string of code diagnosing the problem. I assume that the ball has been batted to Apple's court after each attempt, but they have made no response or offered any explanation. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Elements 15 (or the iMac) will not complete installation
          dhananjays36801738 Adobe Employee

Hi Georgep,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forum.

I really apologize for the inconvenience you are facing.

I understand you are facing issue in installing Elements 15 in your machine.

Can we follow the following steps:

Firstly,

Please click here to download Adobe Application Manager for Mac.

- After installation please double click its icon by searching it on finder to complete the installation (Mac)

Secondly,

Please click here to download Adobe Photoshop Elements .

- It will be downloaded as a trial version & the file has a pack of multiple languages that includes "English" but when during installation you will mention your adobe id, password & serial number then it will become full version .

- If you face more issue regarding installation & activation for Elements then please contact our Support Engineers via chat by clicking here.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

• 2. Re: Elements 15 (or the iMac) will not complete installation
            georgep820942 Level 1

I am so sorry.  I tried to download Elements 15 (for the 9th time) according to your instructions and again, it got all the way through installation and I got the "Adobe Application Manager quit unexpectedly" message.  I have taken screen shots of the code listing (it won't let me do a simple copy and paste).  If you like I will send them to you.   Also, I tried to download Elements 10 again. It bailed out again at the end, but at least I got further than I had before. If I understand your instructions, I just need to go try again -- it may have been too soon.

Finally, I clicked the link in your reference to the support engineers.  It kicked me out the first time, and then when I got back in I could not figure out where I was supposed to click to connect.  If I may make a suggestion, that page really needs to be clarified.

I will try again to get through.

George

• 3. Re: Elements 15 (or the iMac) will not complete installation
              georgep820942 Level 1

Sorry again, but I really cannot figure out how to contact your Support Engineers.  Excuse me -- I'm going to go beat my head against a wall for awhile.

• 4. Re: Elements 15 (or the iMac) will not complete installation
                georgep820942 Level 1

Success!! Elements 10 has now successfully installed.  A quick poke around the neighborhood and seems (knock on wood) to be doing fine. 

Thank you so much for your help!  I realize Elements 15 is a whole issue unto itself, but if E 10 is happy, I'm happy. 

P.S. I panicked and bought a copy of E 15 at approximately the same time you were contacting me the first time.  Maybe one day I'll try again to install it. But E 10 is fine for me.