12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2017 1:31 AM by Symias

Animate CC- No pen pressure sensitivity

jaclynonacloud Level 1

I've been having this issue for a few weeks now that has rendered animate cc pretty much useless to me.  I have pen recognition, but no pen sensitivity it would seem.

I've been waiting and hoping that new animate updates from creative cloud would fix this issue, but so far.... no, that is not the case.

And I haven't been able to find a solution online that works.

Here are some general details:

Animate 2017.5 Release- Build 16.5.1.104

Wacom Cintiq 27qhd- Driver Version: 6.3.22-6

Intel Core i5-3330, 10.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 , AMD Radeon HD 7570

Updates for Windows 10 Version 1703

Other Information:

• I've had Animate 2017 work in the recent past (Last month or so).  It was either a windows update or animate/creative cloud update that seems to have killed my pen pressure sensitivity.  I think it happened around the time the paint brush tool was introduced.
      • I also have a dual monitor setup, but Animate is always running on the owner monitor.
      • Adobe Photoshop 2017 works fine and has pen pressure.

Animate is recognized by my tablet:

And again, I have pen pressure recognition in Animate, but no sensitivity.  It's all just a single strength line:

Things I have tried thus far (and did not work):

• Uninstall and reinstall- Wacom driver, Animate (with the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool as well), graphics card driver.
      • Removing the double-click speed in case of quick click problem
      • Restarting the Wacom Consumer Service

Conclusion:

If any help can be provided as to how to get back my sensitivity, it would be highly appreciated. And I would very much not like to have to go back to a legacy version of products. 

Even if a fix is coming in the future, please, just let me know.  I've been patient this long.

Thanks