• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects RAM problem

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. My After effects program says that I only have 6.2 GBs of RAM installed. But just a couple of days ago it said that I had 6.9 GBs installed. But I have a total of 8 GBs of RAM installed on my computer. I know that after effects can't use all the ram because some needs to be reserved for the system. But my question is, why did after effects first say that I had 6.9 GBs of RAM installed and then 6.2 GBs of RAM installed?????

I can read this info in after effects at "Preferences" and then "Memory and Multiprocessing"

Thx for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Hi. I Still don't know what caused the ram to drop in the system. But I didn't bother with it anymore so I upgraded to CC 2017 and it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my system infoSystem info.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of After Effects are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 11.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably just telling you what the OS is telling it. Note how your system logs say you've got 8.00 GB installed, but only lists 6.19 GB available? Rounded up, 6.19 would be 6.2 which matches what AE told you. It's probably down to how the system is managing the RAM.

If at all possible, I would recommend upgrading your RAM to 16 GB in your system. AE will likely work better. Although, you're running a pretty old version of AE on a brand new operating system, so I guess we should be grateful it's working at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PontusB,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I Still don't know what caused the ram to drop in the system. But I didn't bother with it anymore so I upgraded to CC 2017 and it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pontusb75938863  wrote

Great! CC 2017 really improved AE's memory handling, so that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines