• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make all dialog popups display on secondary monitor?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been learning how to use Adobe Photoshop and I came across a unique problem. At first I thought Photoshop was bugging out and was getting frustrated considering I just bought Adobe Photoshop CC and your required to subscribe for one year (monthly payments). I noticed when I was trying to use image resize and my mouse turned square but the dialog box didn't popup, I kept force closing thinking it was a bug or something. Finally I restarted my computer and told it to NOT reopen windows. I opened photoshop, moved photoshop to my larger secondary monitor and tried again. And there the image dialog box was it had been popping under windows. I am using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 on macOS and want to know if there is an option I can select to force all dialog popups for photoshop to open on the secondary monitor and not under other windows on my primary monitor.

Note: My MacBook does not allow me to change the primary monitor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

There is no way to do that in Photoshop.  Dialog will normally open in Photoshop main windows when first open. And open on the display there were last closed on after that. There may also be exception to that. I seem to remember there were bugs and some dialog would not open formatted correctly if moved off the main display and was unusable. The CC2017 new document workspace if moved to the secondary display would open the new document fine. however, the next time you used File>Open new document

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to do that in Photoshop.  Dialog will normally open in Photoshop main windows when first open. And open on the display there were last closed on after that. There may also be exception to that. I seem to remember there were bugs and some dialog would not open formatted correctly if moved off the main display and was unusable. The CC2017 new document workspace if moved to the secondary display would open the new document fine. however, the next time you used File>Open new document.  The workspace open still on the main display but was one unusable vertical bar. It can be dismissed an a second try would see it open correctly on the main display.  That bus gas not been fixed. Adobe does not always fix reported bugs that a minor..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines