• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating crop marks and fold lines in PS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK OK so I know this isn't standard practice BUT I don't understand why photoshop can't do it.

I have a wedding album that I have designed in 14x10in format. After I've finished I increase the canvas size by 20mm (yes i just flipped from in to mm)  and created guides, new layer, marqueed the appropriate selection in the corners and edit>stroke @ 1pt to make crop marks on the centre of those guides. It looks ok and accurate.

My album finisher has requested that I also have fold lines in the middle of the double page spread so that they can score accurately and not guess where I have made the centre line and balanced photos on either side.

When I create a centre guide and then using the single row marquee at 1pt the line is always slightly on the left. I have over come this by using the marquee box and selecting half of the image with a stroke of 1.5pt. My question is, is there a way to get this on the middle of that guide? Even at a weight of 2pt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

You will find Crop Marks in the Printer Setup.   File > Print....  See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find Crop Marks in the Printer Setup.   File > Print....  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

try this

a. Draw your vertical line.

b. Zoom in and adjust the point size in the options bar so you have an even number of pixels (Photoshop really draws in pixels and if you want it centered it needs to be able to put the same number on each side). Or even quicker - just specify the line width in pixels.

c. Then click in the options bar on Align - Horizontal Centers   - with Align to canvas clicked

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines