• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving A Canvas with White Background

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my adobe draw yesterday and upon updating I can't save the drawing with white background anymore. Of course there's an option of it, but after it saved the background would be a little yellowish. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Hi Darren.

The background looking black is an issue with the Photos app when the background is transparent instead of opaque.

It sounds like you've figured out something that will work for you but, In addition to just putting a filled-with-color layer at the bottom of the layer stack, there's another workaround for saving with a transparent background:

Instead of Save Image from the Share menu, choose Copy to Clipboard (from there, try pasting it in Notes or email or some other app). That should sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren.

The background for Draw, as far as I know, has always been off-white so I'm not sure why it would be showing up differently because nothing has changed in the app.

A couple of questions:

* Is it possible that those previous drawings were saved with a  transparent background? In an open drawing, double-tap the background layer; once you see an eye icon with a slash through it, that will save the art with a transparent background.)

* Have you tried matching the background color of your previous drawings by placing that color on a bottom Image Layer? It's a bit of a pain right now (it's a feature the team is currently working on) but it can be done. I suspect you may know how to do it already, but let me know if you'd like me to walk you through those steps.

Let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering. I did try saving with a transparent background(with my phone) and it turn out black instead. So I tried and I think the only solution is to create a bottom layer and colour it white. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Darren.

The background looking black is an issue with the Photos app when the background is transparent instead of opaque.

It sounds like you've figured out something that will work for you but, In addition to just putting a filled-with-color layer at the bottom of the layer stack, there's another workaround for saving with a transparent background:

Instead of Save Image from the Share menu, choose Copy to Clipboard (from there, try pasting it in Notes or email or some other app). That should save your art with a transparent background.

Hope things are working okay for you now. (We'll have an easier way to change the background color in a future version.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines