Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import Raw Photos

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Have been using Lightroom for years now and import Canon raw images no problems in the past. Just yesterday it now won't let me import. Doesn't give me any errors. When I go to import the .CR2 (Canon Raw file) they are just greyed out and won't let me select. I have tried to uninstall lightroom and reinstalled but still the same. I have downloaded Canon software and the laptop loaded the raw files no worries.

I have a Mac book pro laptop

Any ideas?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Greyed out images cannot be imported because the photos have previously been imported into LR. Thus there is no need to import them again. You need to find the photos in Lightroom's Library Module and then you can use them in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greyed out images cannot be imported because the photos have previously been imported into LR. Thus there is no need to import them again. You need to find the photos in Lightroom's Library Module and then you can use them in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and this is the first time that I have imported these photos. I give me a message that the RAWS can not be imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please quote the exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message says "Some import operations were not performed" "the files are not recognized by the raw format in Lightroom."

Im confused I have always been about to upload raws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the files are not recognized by the raw format in Lightroom."

Two possibilities-

1. Your version of Lightroom is 'old' and you need to update/upgrade.

2.  Your camera is 'new' and your version of Lightroom cannot read the new raw file format.

So report back your Version NUMBER of Lightroom by posting the top 10 lines from- LR MENU: HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

And tell us your Camera Model NUMBER- Check your Camera model at- Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994254]

License type: Perpetual

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13 [4]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.9 GHz

Built-in memory: 8192.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8192.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 256.7 MB (3.1%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2620.1 MB

Memory cache size: 0.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 2

Displays: 1) 3360x2100

I have a canon 77D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You  need to upgrade your Lightroom to 6.14 or Lightroom Classic CC. Both require you to spend money.

Alternative that is free: download and use the Adobe DNG Converter , which will allow you to convert your RAWs to DNGs, which can be imported into Lightroom 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines