you're trying to create a component?
No i have a movieclip in the Library and i use the Component definition
Ther i can enter Attributes
what component are you trying to use and how is that component related to your library movieclip?
or are you right clicking a movieclip and then clicking component definition?
Instruction how to reproduce error
1. Create a rectangle
2. F8 to create Movieclip
3. In the Library search the MC and click right Mouse
4. Choose Component definition
5. In the Window add a field with Name = TestVar Type Number Default Value = 0
Now when you click on the MC on the stage, you will see in the properties on the right side
the created VAR with default = 0
Now try to copy the NC on the stage. You CANNOT Copy it
or try to drag the MC from the libraray to the stage.
also the Object is not craeted on the stage.
I use this funktionb for several MC and classen for the last 3 years.
I use Flash Animate CC 2017
What you say does seem to be the case, and it appears to work ok in CS6.
For what it's worth if you have the symbol shared for ActionScript, you can add it to the stage using code.
I am using Boy2d Phisics engine with 40 Parameters that can be set for an Movieclip, like Gravity
It worked in Animate 2015
This issue has already been fixed internally and the fix will be available in the upcoming release. Mean while, can you please try out one of the following workarounds and see if that helps?
- Go to the Component Definition settings window and select the "display in Components panel" option [OR]
- Drag any movieclip, and swap it with your custom component [OR]
- Create a movieclip with the component inside, drag it to stage, then break apart, and use the component