• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Windows/Apple

Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC Lightroom and Photoshop and this allows me to use on two Windows PC's. I also have a windows laptop and when I travel, I "unregister" CC from my Work PC and register it to my laptop so I can use it when I travel. Now here's the kicker, I want a new laptop and weight matters so obviously the Apple products leap to top of mind. If I was to get an Apple Laptop, would my current license still me to unregister as before and register to the Apple unit or must I purchase in addition, an Apple version of CC?

Sort of the Canon/Nikon issue...once you have made your choice, you are pretty much committed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Heirloom+Bob  wrote

But if I could get one with two USB ports, one for a mouse and one for an external drive, as well as a card reader, that would be worth considering?

Current Mac laptops can use any of their USB-C ports as a power port, and they don't have a dedicated power port. If you need AC power for any current Mac laptop, one of your USB-C ports must be used for that. If you're using a two-port MacBook Pro and need to plug in to charge the battery, you are l

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no "Apple versions" or "Windows versions". Your license allows the software to be installed on either operating system ksubject to certain conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC license is cross-platform. So you will be able to continue working as you have in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the cool things of the CC license is that you can install the software on as many machines as you want. You can only be logged onto your license on two machines at a time so it will only really run on two at time and those two can be any mix of Mac or windows machines. You can switch your CC logon between many more than two machines back and forth so your situation would pose no problem at all. It is quite transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a new laptop and weight matters so obviously the Apple products leap to top of mind.

I am an Apple user and you may want to rethink the benefits of an Apple laptop.  They may be light and nice but the designers at Apple have opted to go for FORM over FUNCTION and have removed all the ports on many of their products.  You may have a light and small laptop but then you have to carry all kinds of dongles to do anything.  You are even missing usb and sd slots on some of them.  There are other small light laptops from Windows that still are fully functional at a lot less cost.  Besides that, their OS is not that great anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I could get one with two USB ports, one for a mouse and one for an external drive, as well as a card reader, that would be worth considering? I can't believe I am even saying this. Apple was always the "Dark Side".

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/apple-apple-macbook-pro-13-dual-core-intel-core-i5-2-7ghz-laptop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I could get one with two USB ports, one for a mouse and one for an external drive, as well as a card reader, that would be worth considering?

Current Mac laptops can use any of their USB-C ports as a power port, and they don't have a dedicated power port. If you need AC power for any current Mac laptop, one of your USB-C ports must be used for that. If you're using a two-port MacBook Pro and need to plug in to charge the battery, you are left with one available USB-C port.

That would be workable for me since I use a Bluetooth mouse, but if your mouse has a USB cable then you are short one USB port when you want to plug in the mouse, the drive, and a power cable. Using a one-port MacBook or two-port MacBook Pro with multiple peripherals and AC power often requires the addition of a USB-C dock or hub, which adds to the price of an already expensive laptop.

I've always been a Mac user so my next laptop will probably be another MacBook Pro, but the limitations and higher price of the current line are making me hang onto my older MacBook Pro as long as is practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines