Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mathtype equation scaling issue

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have two templates, while placing mathtype equation i am getting scaling issues one template 100% scaling and another 50% scaling and i cannot able identify the error cause.

Regards,

Rajkannan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RAJKANNAN,

Could you please share some screenshots along with below mentioned information.

Operating system(Exact version of Windows and MAC).

Exact version of InDesign.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Mac OS. Indesign CC 2014.2

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 1.45.02 pm.png

Regards,

Rajkannan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen shot. I need to know 2 things:

1. How are you saving the equations from MathType? (what format)
  2. How are you getting them into InDesign?

There is an article here about using MathType with InDesign. It will be helpful if you have not seen it yet. http://www.dessci.com/en/support/MathType/works_with.asp#!target=indesign

Bob Mathews

Design Science (MathType)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How are you saving the equations from MathType? (what format) - from windows ms word we are converting mathtype to EPS format and format equation to apply equation preference one by one mac os (any batch processpossible to achieve this)
  2. How are you getting them into InDesign?- through automated process we are pulling to indesign the thing only one template the equation are getting shinked and all others are good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can help you better if you can email MathType Support (if you don't know the address, it's on our website; not sure if I can include it here). If you email us, please send us this InDesign document from the screen shot, as well as the Word document with the equations in it.

1. Batch process for formatting? Yes -- see MathType: Tips & Tricks: Formatting multiple equations in a Word document​.
  2. "Automated process"? Can you describe this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines