• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing images from Canon 100D into Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm having trouble importing files from my 100D to my Lenovo laptop. I use SanDisk memory cards and haven't had any problems until recently. Photos seem to be captured on the memory card no problem. And the computer is recognising the memory card when slotted in. But when trying to import the images, the connection either fails after starting or even refuses to start. I can't tell if the problem is the camera, the card or Adobe Lightroom. Can you help me work out where the problem lies?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Please post the exact message appearing - a screen-capture may be helpful too.

You are trying to import form the card, right?

What if you use Explorer to copy the images to your desktop first and then import from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact message appearing - a screen-capture may be helpful too.

You are trying to import form the card, right?

What if you use Explorer to copy the images to your desktop first and then import from there?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I'm trying to import from card but receive one of two errors. Either Lightroom seems to lose the connection to the card  or I receive this...

I'm having problems with four different cards (all SanDisk) so I don't think the cards are the root cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about F. McLion's suggestion to copy the images from the card to your hard drive before doing the import, Thomas? After you do the copy, then in the Import dialog choose the location you copied to in the Source panel and choose Add in the top center instead of Copy.

Are you using a card reader, is your card plugged directly into your computer, or have you connected your camera to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura, thanks for your comment. I'm plugging the card directly into the SD slot of my computer. Do you think a USB card reader or direct connection would be more secure?

I can try copying directly to the hard drive before importing but would prefer to find a way of copying directly from the camera / card, rather than going through two stages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct camera connections are prone to connection issues with some cameras.

The suggested way is to use a card reader.

The test with the 2 steps is only meant to find the root cause and make sure importing basically works when the access to the files is reliable and fast.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with F on what he says about direct camera connection. You could try a card reader, but that message "The folder could not be found" suggests something going on with your Destination panel choice - and hence F's two-step process as a diagnostic step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines