• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing preferences

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the ability to force syncing preferences was removed a couple years ago, but I'm a little unsure of how to proceed.

I render a lot of heavy 3d in After Effects, and while I'm thrilled I can now render Element 3d items in Media Encoder I have a problem.

Normally when i install Windows fresh i just install CC and sync my prefs back up. But that option doesn't exist anymore. I did a new install after a couple years (yea I put it off once i got on W 10) and now I'm stuck. i see no way to bring my prefs in and since the sync menu is gone, I'm wondering if they were even stored in the cloud.

Something is killing my GPU right now and I can't track it down. This is typical on a first install but i had highly customized my resources, and I can't seem to get things to jive.

I'm trying to render a project I did a couple years ago to test, and the original report shows it rendered in 3.5 hours, running it again, after 4 hours said it had 73 hours remaining. now I know that's not a real number, but it had already gone well past what I needed the first time when i got the message

Do our prefs not get saved to the coud at all? I realize Adobe is really pushing libraries but this is  a big deal for me. I had to really tweak things. Using the same hardware but taking exponentially more time means I've got something set wrong, and at first glance it looks fine.

Worst case is there a way to export my preferences so I can archive them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

There's not really a way to get your preferences, I'm afraid.

But, since you're talking about a new Windows install, I'd highly suggest updating your GPU drivers first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to After Effects​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't apply only to AE, but if that can get the question answered that's OK too.

I cannot find the topic in the PS forum list though. is it not showing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not really a way to get your preferences, I'm afraid.

But, since you're talking about a new Windows install, I'd highly suggest updating your GPU drivers first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes first thing I did, but very good point. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines