Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive pdf with set typography

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working in the Swedish version of Adobe CC 2017 and I'm trying to access the text field properties dialog box in Acrobat, but I cannot find it. It was suggested in this forum, that this would solve the problem om the typeface from the InDesign document not being embedded when exporting it to an interactive pdf.

I would like to have all the typographical elements from my initial design activated, as I am making a form for a diploma. My client has to be able to just type name and date into the required fields and then print it out, with out worrying about typeface, old style numerals, point size, text colour and justification. Is this impossible? My client is going to buy the specific typeface.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A double click on the text field opens the properties window.

acrobat.png

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in InDesign you can trasform a text box in a text field using the Interactivity -->> Button and form Palette. Choose from the dropdown menu the tipe of field you need. You can also set the size for text that user will tipe when the form will be exported in PDF but non the font of typing.

Schermata 2017-07-07 alle 11.51.10.png

The font could be set in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create your form in InDesign and adjust the typography in the text fields in Acrobat Pro (font, color, alignment etc). Use System fonts. If you think users may be using an old version of Acrobat Reader, then Reader Enable your form in Acrobat Pro so the users can store  the data they've entered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!

I've already managed to make the pdf with interactive text fields, it's maintaining the typography which is hard. Funnily enought, the text field with 36 pt type doesn't work, so I'll your suggestions,Derek Cross​. Do the actions you suggest allow for open type features? And more importantly, does the client have to make the same changes in their software or will the changes follow the pdf?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use System Fonts for the text that appears in the fields, the maximum size is 18pt. And ensure each field has a unique name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another idea - but don't laugh at me. I had to be very flexible all my life. *)

Is it possible to build the design in MS-Word?

Will the document be printed with an ordinary office printer?

If both is "YES":

You can create form fields for text and afterwards he/she can style the content of the form field as necessary.

You can protect the document so that only the form fields are editable.

Your client surely has a Word-Version and knows it more or less by heart.

Open Type styles are available if the word version is not too old (from Word 2010 it's ok).

*) I produced something like that for my boss who didn't like to learn new behaviors and she was happy.

Fenja

worddoc.png

worddoc2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify my earlier remarks, you can select (in Acrobat pro) any typeface you have on your system to appear in the fields, but the end user will also need to have this font if it is to appear. So if you have a closed system where you all have the same fonts installed, then fine. Otherwise, if a form is to be distributed widely, use system fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you, I understood that. I just need to find out what system they use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines