Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reshape Effect

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the reshape effect in After Effects to morph two objects together. (I am reshaping the objects into each other and then switching their opacity as they switch at 50%) It looks really good in the ram preview in After Effects, but when I render it the effect morphs them differently --making the animation pop, obviously not what I'd like.

Is there a box I am forgetting to check? Has anyone had a similar problem before?

Is there a way to get around this and export a high res ram preview?

All help appreciated, trying to get this done for them by the end of the business day. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you previewing at Full Resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screenshots and provide info on teh exact settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mylenium

@Szalam

I was previewing in half resolution because my computer really didn't do well previewing the full resolution.

The issue I am having is in the preview at half the arm that I am trying to morph looks like this...

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 2.07.01 PM.png

And in the full resolution it looks like this...

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 2.07.32 PM.png

So the arm really pops in the animation at full resolution. This is a really big difference from the half resolution, so I was wondering if it was some kind of glitch in After Effects with the way it is averaging the information?

Trying to add another keyframe this afternoon...

My composition and export both are 24 fps and 1920 x 1012 (making a weird doc size for a client).

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 2.13.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-08 at 2.14.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stephaniewaldo,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never quiet solved it. I ended up simplifying the animation to work. A more techie friend of mine suggested that I ran into an issue with the way the program was averaging pixels from the half resolution to the full resolution version.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back stephaniewaldo. Sorry you didn't quite get it worked out.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines