• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation Help/LifeHacks

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm working on an english to spanish translation/transcription as an english as a first language user.

I know all the regular shortcuts, (ctr+c, V , remove spacing, ctrl+shift+V, etc),

but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to translate from a completely typed up, ready to go, Spanish document in LibreOffice over to an Adobe Acrobat PDF.

Best Regards and Warmest Salutations,

Jared

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most reasonable means of doing the translation is to do the translation of the text in LibreOffice prior to creating a PDF file.

Adobe Acrobat provides for very simple text editing / touch-up but it is not a full service text editor / layout program.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF files are not meant for translation purposes! Attempting to translate a PDF file directly will result in a lot of headaches and problems.

You need to go back to the original file used to create the PDF, be it a Word file, a LibreOffice document, an InDesign layout, etc., translate it and then generate a new PDF from it. If you don't have access to the original file you can export the PDF to one of these formats and then translate and re-generate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines