2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 12:17 PM by try67

Translation Help/LifeHacks

JellyBrains

Hi all, I'm working on an english to spanish translation/transcription as an english as a first language user.

I know all the regular shortcuts, (ctr+c, V , remove spacing, ctrl+shift+V, etc),

but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to translate from a completely typed up, ready to go, Spanish document in LibreOffice over to an Adobe Acrobat PDF.

Best Regards and Warmest Salutations,

Jared

• 1. Re: Translation Help/LifeHacks
          Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

The most reasonable means of doing the translation is to do the translation of the text in LibreOffice prior to creating a PDF file.

Adobe Acrobat provides for very simple text editing / touch-up but it is not a full service text editor / layout program.

- Dov

• 2. Re: Translation Help/LifeHacks
            try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

PDF files are not meant for translation purposes! Attempting to translate a PDF file directly will result in a lot of headaches and problems.

You need to go back to the original file used to create the PDF, be it a Word file, a LibreOffice document, an InDesign layout, etc., translate it and then generate a new PDF from it. If you don't have access to the original file you can export the PDF to one of these formats and then translate and re-generate it.