• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Action issue when text box input is 0

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing a crossword puzzle in Captivate 9 and have been experiencing an issue with the text boxes that comprise the puzzle.  Everything in the advanced actions work great except for a few spots where the user needs to input a 0 as the answer.  No matter what comparison operator I use in the action (tried contains, equal to, etc.) or what value I start the user variable at it does not seem to register the text boxes where the user is supposed to enter 0 as incorrect.  Is there any work around as I cannot change what the user needs to enter in the box since it is medical coding information?

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 2.56.16 PM.png

Thanks for any ideas!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

That is the problem with Captivate, there is no easy way to distinguish the number 0 from an empty field or a text field.

The best way would be to replace the advanced action by JS. Long time ago i pbulsihed a post to find a workaround for an 'empty' value. Maybe you could try something similar?

Where is Null? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem with Captivate, there is no easy way to distinguish the number 0 from an empty field or a text field.

The best way would be to replace the advanced action by JS. Long time ago i pbulsihed a post to find a workaround for an 'empty' value. Maybe you could try something similar?

Where is Null? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources