9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 6:07 AM by Preran

Can't Drag Images Into XD

rosendof79510533 Level 1

Hello Adobe Support,

I've been working with our IT department because my Adobe XD software doesn't allow me to drag and drop images into Adobe XD. I have to manually import them and then mask the images with shapes. I have been following your support forums, and we updated the GPU on my laptop and we're still running into issues. I am receiving a canceled symbol when trying to drag the images into XD. I am running Adobe XD on Windows 10. I can provide any specs you need to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
      Rosendo Figueroa

• 1. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD
          mtprimo Level 1

Hey Rosendo!

As you may be aware, Experience Design is still in beta (and in Windows its lacking some features that already exists in the macOS)

Now, did you tried to set both XD and you folder windows side to side and drag the images into XD?

I know it may sound silly, but the extension of the images that are being used are the common ones? (.jpg, .jpeg, .png etc..)

When i try to drag and drop an image in my XD (on the macOS), i still have to click inside the art board i want it to go, otherwise it will stay in the cursor.

I really cant do much here unless we keep trying together.

Keep us updated with your progress!

• 2. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD
            rosendof79510533 Level 1

Hello!

I am aware that Experience Design is still in beta, so I already considered that it might be lacking some features that were already existing within macOS.  But, here are some of the steps I've taken already:

1. I set both XD and my folder side by side and attempted to drag the images from my folder into XD but I continue to receive the cancel symbol. (I even attempted to click the artboard and I still receive the same result).
            2. I am uploading jpg, and .png files.
            3. I can import the same images using the import option within XD, and then I can mask the images using mask with shape.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD
              Mihnea Ovidenie Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi,

What browser are you using to drag the image in your XD application? There is a limitation with dragging images from Edge.

Does it work with IE/Firefox/Chrome?

Cheers,

M.

• 4. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD
                rosendof79510533 Level 1

I originally tried dragging images into XD from my finder or from the desktop. But I have also tested the drag and drop function for images within Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, and IE 11. None of the following steps have worked, I continue to get the cancel symbol.

• 5. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD

Hi,

I know that some time ago, one of our users had a similar issue. The issue was resolved after he updated the drivers for his graphical card. Can you share more information about your system:

* Win10 version

* XD version

* HW

Cheers,

M.

• 6. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD
                    rosendof79510533 Level 1

Information About My OS System:

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 1703)
                    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U @ 2.6GHz 2.81 GHz

Installed Memory: 16GB Ram

Driver: AMD Radeon R7 M360

Driver Version: 21.19.128.4

XD Version - Adobe CC 2017 Version 4.1.1.202 | Experience Design CC (Beta)

Thanks,
                    R.

• 7. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD

Hi,

I tried on several machines with RS2, not exactly your configuration, and it works fine.

Does it work for you to drag an image from Explorer into the Store application Note?

Cheers,

M.

• 8. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD
                        rosendof79510533 Level 1

Hello,

Yes, it works for my to drag an image from Explorer into another application (For Example Microsoft Word). I have no issues dragging images into any application other than XD.

Cheers,
                        R

• 9. Re: Can't Drag Images Into XD
                          Preran Adobe Employee

HI Rosendo,

I haven't heard of many other users with this issue. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran