• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this some sort of glitch or bug?? PLEASE HELP!

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last night, once I sample with the Healing Brush or Clone tool, the cursor does what is shown in the picture and video attached

seems like it's dragging the layer, but it happens regardless of the layer that I'm on, usually on a non destructive empty layer, but I tried on the others and it does the same thing

I've even opened a new picture and without sampling from it, the cursor drags the image of the previous picture

I've obviously restarted everything and even reinstalled Photoshop but it STILL does the same thing

what is this? it was just working fine before this thing started happening image1.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to the clone source panel and check - "Clipped"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should I check clipped?

I actually found my issue, I had selected show overlay by mistake... it's my first time a Wacom tablet, and while in the Actions panel I must've slipped and did some damage in the Clone Source panel, they're close to each other lol

but now I'm on Source 1 and Show Overlay deselected and it's all good image1 (1).JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you would check both  "Show Overlay" and "Clipped". That way you see what you are going to paint but just inside the brush circle. That way you can clone accurately.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that makes a lot of sense, Dave, I'm quite new to retouching, thank you very much for that tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines