• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't After Effect preview my stuff??

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I had a potato of a computer, but it ran After Effects CC 2015 just fine (at least I could deal with), no problem. But after I added in an SSD and replaced the GTX 750 with the GTX 1050 Ti, my After Effects just refuse to preview at all. I mean it does preview a little, like 5 SECONDS per FRAME, and there is no green thingy shown in the timeline at all (like in the screenshot). I tried tweaking everything I can find to improve performance but nothing worked. Yes, I did reinstalled the thing multiple times, and I don't want to try another version because this one works best with the plug-ins that I have.

Screenshot_1.png

Please help me.

My specs:

GTX 1050 Ti 4G

16Gb of RAM

i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz

256Gb of SSD

1.5Tb of HDD

Windows 10 64x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the SSD and updated graphics card by booting into safe mode and then deleting them from the device manager to initiate a driver reset and scan for new drivers. You may even need to reset some EFI/ BIOS option.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi IgazenA,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines