• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded Graphics Card, GPU Utilisation used to be 70%+ now under 10%, slow render times

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a GTX 780ti to a GTX 1080, I'm using the latest version of Premiere Pro CC.

When I had the GTX 780ti my GPU utilisation during rendering was 70% or above and my CPU utilisation was often under 50% but since upgrading to the GTX 1080 my GPU utilisation maxes out at 10% during rendering and my CPU is maxed out at 99-100% at all times.

Not only this but my rendering times are slower than they were before the upgrade.

I've double checked the Cuda option is selected, I've done clean installs of the latest nvidia drivers as well, is there something else I need to change or select?

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look to some other cause for the slow down.  Start with effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't changed the effects I use, the type of videos I make, or anything other than the GPU.

I'm making identical content to what I was before the GPU upgrade.

It looks like Premiere Pro is just now underutilising my GPU, like I said, it used to take A LOT of work off the CPU to the point where my CPU was only under about 50% load but with the GTX 1080 my CPU maxes out and the GPU barely gets used at all (10%).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there another bottleneck?  What operating system are you using?  If Windows 8.1 or 10, the Resource Monitor will show you what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run my standardized hardware Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) and watch the usage of the CPU and the GPU  intensive export those two tests (out of the four) always show 100% utilization of the device under test.  The scores from all four tests can also help find any weakness in your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

Two theories:

1. New graphic card is much more powerful and simply does with 10% what previous did with 100%, thus choking the CPU... maybe CPU options need to be dialed in to something more appropriate... memory options?

2. New graphic card is not too well supported by Premiere... drivers? Old drivers?

Good luck in troubleshooting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines