Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running AE script with noui

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to automate After effects to run a script which suppose to run with `noui` however when I am running the command I can see the after effects in the task manager but the script does not change anything. I looks like the AE is stuck in the background. when I am running the same script through the Extended Toolkit (GUI)  the script run flawlessly.

the command "c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\AfterFX.exe"  "C:\Users\dell\aonx\Dynamic App Promo\app_promo.aep" -noui  -r "c:\\Users\\dell\\Documents\\Adobe Scripts\\change_text.jsx"

What I am doing wrong?

Best

Lee

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work without the -noui parameter?

if your script does things like executing menu commands, you will need the ui (since without a UI there is no menu).

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is working without noui! But when using noui, it is running in the background, and closing in the backgroud!.No video is rendered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mathias,

it seems that it is working OK with out the GUI.

I have noticed that without the noui the AE is opening the Toolkit Fonts sync window.

are there any logs where I can find additional information?

best

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines