• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering problem

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have Adobe After Effects CC 2017, i made a video about 4 minutes, some motion animations in the beginning and then a simple audio spectrum.

But it takes a lot of time to render. Almost five hours.

After Effects uses my CPU because it doesn't want to use my GPU (i don't know why).

Also my laptop specs:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r4.141028-1500)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: X550EP

BIOS: X550EP.303

Processor: AMD A4-5100 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3524MB RAM

Page File: 3143MB used, 4988MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 8330

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 8330 (0x9832)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9832&SUBSYS_148D1043&REV_00

Display Memory: 3054 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1518 MB

Shared Memory: 1536 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: CMO15A7

Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.989Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1267 (English)

Driver Version: 13.352.1013.1001

DDI Version: 11.1

Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.3

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: DMA

Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 2/13/2015 16:11:38, 1329864 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

What should i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Are still asking why it takes so long or are you just sharing your video?   If the former nobody can tell you much based on the finished product.  As well as what effects you used It also depends on your workflow, the exact specs of images you used.  Two images that are visually identical can require drastically different resources.  I might get handed a file that slows AE down to a crawl but after I convert that same image to more a efficient format, pixel density, etc... it's like it's not eve

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 hours for 4 minutes of video sounds perfectly normal. given the fact your computer specs barely qualifies for Ae's system requirements, I would say you are lucky to finish a project. As for GPU, most of Ae does not benefit from GPU acceleration. You could try to enable it for effects in the project settings if there's an option for you there. It probably won't help anyway.

What I would do with such a long composition is render a lossless version in QT Animation and then use that for encoding in AME so I can experiment with different compressed outputs without the need to render the whole thing all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfectly normal? Not to me it doesn't, I've edited Battlefront footage and added stuff in for a 10 minute video and only ended up with an hours render time, but the time is completely dependent on what is in the video.

cristianâ„¢ what sort of animation have you done and what is the audio spectrum like? Are you rendering from AE or AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Adobe software.  Get used to it.  Or don't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave+LaRonde  wrote

Welcome to Adobe software.  Get used to it.  Or don't use it.

Dave have you been eavesdropping on the marketing department again?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While a 1.5GHz machine might make it to the finish line, it isn't going to win any render races. 

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nexahs1138 this is the video that takes 5 hours to render Intro live for James Gaming (Audio Spectrum) #2 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are still asking why it takes so long or are you just sharing your video?   If the former nobody can tell you much based on the finished product.  As well as what effects you used It also depends on your workflow, the exact specs of images you used.  Two images that are visually identical can require drastically different resources.  I might get handed a file that slows AE down to a crawl but after I convert that same image to more a efficient format, pixel density, etc... it's like it's not even there.  And their physical size on disc can be exactly the same.

Based on your initial post it seems you do not know alot about After Effects & as others have pointed out your system specs barely meet requirements.   Without detailed information about all your assets and how you employed them I don't think anybody is going to be able to tell you why your render times are what they are or what you need to change to speed them up other than your hardware.

These types of problems are inevitable when we really don't understand the tools we're using.

Unfortunately there are not alot of learning resources I am aware of that go into great detail about render setting, codecs, formats etc...

They usually just show you what to set it at (if your lucky).

The detailed info that there is out there about these subjects is very dense (at least for me) & at times can seem like they're written in Chinese..unless you're Chinese, I suppose.

Keywords: prerendering, pre-composing, baking animation, optimizing assets, efficient workflow....

Shibumi

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutter-Fish​ your message is not very helpful but i understand that the problem is my hardware. Nobody tells me how to make After Effects use the GPU. But it's ok. Thank you all for the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cristianâ„¢  wrote

Nobody tells me how to make After Effects use the GPU. But it's ok. Thank you all for the support.

I believe somebody already told you that AE does not use the GPU for final rendering and suggested using media encoder although i doubt that will make much difference and like I said your workflow may also be a significant part of the inefficiency.  No way to know really  I believe there may be some external rendering engines that might be able to render AE projects but I'm not sure.  Octane Renderer pops into my head but I dont know much about it.  You might want to look into it.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would also recommend to use Media Encoder application. It may show you other options about rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines