Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset return key behaviour

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

I remember Photoshop asked me about the bahviour of the return/enter key and now when I type text it accepts it rather than create a new line, so I would like to reset it.

I have been looking into the preferences but found no option to change it. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Me either, Ronald Keller. The only message I can think of like that is on a Mac: do you want Cmd H to do the Mac thing of hiding all applications or the Photoshop thing of hiding extras.

But sergior6973008, you do have the option to reset all warnings. You might give that a try.

Photoshop CCss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure you can change this behavior. The Enter key should create a new line and the Enter key on the numeric keypad should accept the text. Is it different at your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is. Both accept the text, and I remember getting a message about what behaviour did I want for the return key (I didn't really know what they were talking about so I surely chose to accept the text) and now I can't change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. I never saw that message and I have Photoshop since version 2.5...

Have you already tried resetting the Type tool?

What happens if you try Shift + Enter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either, Ronald Keller. The only message I can think of like that is on a Mac: do you want Cmd H to do the Mac thing of hiding all applications or the Photoshop thing of hiding extras.

But sergior6973008, you do have the option to reset all warnings. You might give that a try.

Photoshop CCss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like reseting all warning dialogs solved the problem and now creates a new line again.

I didn't know what more to do, so thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines