• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Fixed Layout ePub" is not producing fixed layouts

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used InDesign CC several times to create fixed-layout ePub comic books that worked well on all the popular platforms. Those files were built using a Mac, for whatever that's worth. After switching to Windows, I tried the same procedure I've done before and the ePub exports like a reflowable comic book -- awfully! The dialogue balloons (created in InDesign), sound effects (largely copied over from an Illustrator workspace) are treated as separate graphic elements that sometimes show up on their own blank pages. Text is displayed on separate pages, underneath the graphics that might be there.

It's a mess. This should be simple. I've done it a million times before. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start with some relevant info.

What version of ID? What EPUB reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 2017.1
10.1.0.56 x64 build

tried on Nook reader and something called "freda," all on the same Win10 machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excuse me: 12.1.0.56 x64 build. a little lysdexia at play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following is an example -- note the disembodied "H" all by itself in the far low right, which is text converted to outline from the previous page (the rest of that word did not make it). The large Serif text should be embedded comic book lettering dialogue font.

Screenshot 2017-07-10 20.02.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same page from a .pdf export, viewed in Acrobat Reader 2017 Release

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you ever discover how to fix that problem?

I urgently need to produce an epub that reads in Freda!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion is almost seven years old. Please start a new one with full details of your problem but note that most EPUB readers don't handle fixed layout very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines