3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2017 9:19 PM by Forbidden_Kraken

Reinstalling Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 after a factory reset on Macbook Pro

Forbidden_Kraken Level 1

Good evening everyone,

I have a question regarding how to reinstall photoshop elements 10 on macbook pro.  I recently did a complete factory reset on my Macbook Pro, and Photoshop Elements 10 was installed into the computer.  I copied the app to my external hard drive before the factory reset.  Then, following the factory reset, I copied the Photoshop app from the external hard drive back into my computer. 

Now, when I try to uninstall and reinstall, or simply just launch Photoshop elements 10, I get an error messages saying these:

When I try to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop:

The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Adobe Photoshop Elements 10” can’t be found.

When I try to launch Photoshop:

Configuration error

• Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 6

http://www.adobe.com/support/

• Followed by the following message:

• A required application library failed to load and the product cannot continue.  Please reinstall the application.

I got photoshop as a result of a bundle with the Wacom Bamboo tablet product. 

I really don't want to have to pay again just to reinstall the photoshop application everytime I have to factory reset my computer.  I need Photoshop for my art business.

Thanks for your help