Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving file with multiple blend modes

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a file that has multiple blend modes on the layers. Everything looks fine while it is in .tif format, however, when I try to save it as a jpg,  I lose all the subtleness created by the blending modes. I have tried using Shift/Alt/Control E to create a stamp, however, it all ends up as the same result.

What am I doing wrong here?

This is the file in .tif format:

clouds-tif.PNG

Same file when you try to flatten/save/stamp/etc:

clouds-stamp.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better if you upload your layered file and post a link to it so we could download it and look at it to see what we can see. Did you create the stamp visible layers layer in top of the stack?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does a change occur when you flatten the image at View > 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually,

I just created a smaller file version of it.

When I zoom out to 66% it looks fine, when I zoom out to 100% it starts to look the same, all pixelated/without the effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > 100% is the relevant one, period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see post 4 in this thread

Saving As Jpeg Brightens Shadows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are only looking at you image actual pixels when you view at 100%. All other zoomed views  you are look at a scaled image not your actual image and the scaling is done for performance not for image quality only your actual Image pixels are what is that important.  At some zoom percentages the scaling is quite bad.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember setting Cache Levels to 1 forces the calculation at full res, but can affect performance significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to provide a clean solution but I've seen this issue many times over the years.   It's is a known bug that is outstanding (as of the current PS beta), and has not been able to be fixed for years.  Something to do with the graphics card drivers.   A poor solution is to screen grab the layered image if you have the landscape space on your monitor to get enough resolution and the final use is relatively low res. 

A poor solution is to screen grab the layered image if you have the landscape space on your monitor to get enough resolution and the final use is relatively low res.  If you dont have sharpness to deal with then just upscale your screen grab. 

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's is a known bug

As far as I can tell it is a deliberate and long-known performance-related decision, not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines