• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator - Adobe Help Pages

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone,  anywhere tell me what the following means:  1.  Create multilayered artwork for your character    In Photoshop, open freda.psd and take a look at the Layers panel.  Each component of the character artwork is place on a separate layer.  If you name the layers to indicate which body part they correspond to (chest, head, eyes, mouth), you can immediately control the character in Adobe Character Animator   What does the underlined sentence mean  ? ?????

I opened freda.psd in Photoshop.  The layers already are named.  What is the person who prepared this Adobe page talking about ??

It continues with:  Note:  If you'd like to use your own artwork, draw or copy the art into the corresponding layers of freda.psd file and save. 

OK, I give up!  What does this mean?  Does it mean open a puppet you may draw, select say the eye from that , replace the corresponding freda layer with your eye ball copy ? 

For someone new to this, these instructions are crazy.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this could be clearer - we'll take a closer look.

Character Animator lets you import PSD or AI files. If a layer or group in those files is named something specific like "Head" for example, that's a special word that Character Animator can recognize and translate into data for a live performance animated character. So anything inside a group you called "Head" should move with your head movements in a webcam in Character Animator.

I would recommend skipping this tutorial, which is a little on the older side, and instead follow the Start panel "Open Interactive Tutorial" cartoon. The 3 lessons there should give you a better overview of what Character Animator can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, that's confusing. This part:

> If you name the layers

Is trying to say "Because the layers are named"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't see the "Start" button (which switches to the Start workspace with the Open Interactive Tutorial option) near the top of the screen, just under the menu bar, then you're not running the latest -- currently Beta 6. You can see your version number in the menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply and thanks for telling me about the other tutorials - only there is nothing there about Interactive Tutorial.  But I'll look further.  At least you care and its great that someone does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines