2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 1:05 PM by sandral74608673

Master page not copying properly

sandral74608673 Level 1

Hi--I followed these directions on how to copy master pages from one document to another. The pages have a putty gray background (in Layers) but it's not copying that background onto the master pages in the new document. The putty gray Layer is there, and I have the "eye" icon turned on, but it isn't showing up on my pages.

Am I doing this correctly? Do I need to create a new colored background in my new document?

EDIT: I would also like to copy the guidelines I created in the old document over to the new one. I'm wondering if I'd be better off just saving the old document with a new name.

Also, if I decide not to create the colored background first, and just place my photos and text, I can create the background later, right?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Master page not copying properly
          srishtib8795206 Adobe Employee

Hi sandral,

This seems to be the issue with a particular file, would you mind sharing your file?

Also if you want to copy all the data to new document you can use move pages option.

Move or copy pages between documents

1. To move pages from one document to another, open both documents.
          2. Choose Layout > Pages > Move Pages, or choose Move Pages from the Pages panel menu.
          3. Specify the page or pages you want to move.
          4. Choose the destination document name from the Move To menu.
          5. For Destination, choose where you want to move the pages, and specify a page if necessary.
          6. If you want to remove the pages from the original document, select Delete Pages After Moving.

You can move master pages as well

For that select Master page and from pages menu choose Move Master

move master page.png move master page2.png

It will open Move Master pages dilog box

move master page3.png

Choose the destination document name from the Move To menu, and click OK

Answer to "Also, if I decide not to create the colored background first, and just place my photos and text, I can create the background later, right?"

Is yes, Background can be added later. You just need to sent it back later on.

Regards

Srishti

• 2. Re: Master page not copying properly
            sandral74608673 Level 1

Thank you, Srishti. I did move the master pages and then just tried moving a single page, but it's not copying the background layer or my guidelines.

I really don't want to have to create my spread guides all over again.

I'd be happy to share my file. Do you mean the new one? If so, how do I share it here?