Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enterprise Dashboard - g_ character issue

Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I've encountered an interesting "issue" when updating an email on a user account within the admin console of our Adobe Enterprise Dashboard.

Here we see that with no underscore in between the first name (Tingting) and last name (Ye) the last character (g) in the first name appears to be consistent with the other characters in the email address.

Capture - Admin - Email Field - Character Issue - No Underscore.JPG

However, once we add an underscore between the final (g) in the first name and last name (i.e. full string = "Tingting_Ye") we see that the final (g) character in the first name appears changed.

Capture - Admin - Email Field - Character Issue - Underscore.JPG

This appears to be causing an issue with our SSO.  I've made a few attempts to copy the changed character to see if it is being defined as a different character set from the original string, but it appears to only occur within the field. It also appears to occur only with this string (g_) - "g" underscore.  I could not reproduce this using any other string combination.

Let me know if anyone else has encountered a similar issue.

2 Replies

Level 10

Kenelson any ideas on this?

It sounds like '_g' may be a reserved set of characters in SSO. If Kerry doesn't have any ideas, we may need to have you open a ticket with Customer Care. They can confirm with engineering if there are reserved characters.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Employee

I would recommend we  get a bug open on it. It should not be doing that. Please submit a case to clientcare@adobe.com mark it attn to me SSO team.