2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2017 12:23 AM by justinn10776343

Purple tint after exporting photos from Lightroom.

justinn10776343

Hi guys,

I have been using Lightroom for about a year now and in the last 3 months or so, I have started experiencing a purle tint and sometimes darkening to my photos after exporting them. I have been using the same camera to take the photos the whole time and also the same laptop. While inside Lightroom, the photos look great and only gain the problems after the export, sometimes even only when transferred to other programmes or devices.

The example photos that I have attached below are photos that I was using for a CV (photo transferred to CV left, lightroom export right) that became totally thrown out after transferring to another programme. As you can see, I really had to make some big adjustments for the photo to appear normal in my CV. This programme is OpenOffice Writer - Text Document. I know this is not identical to the first paragraph problem, but I believe it must stem from it, as when I use photos edited from around 3 months ago or older (still edited with Lightroom), there is no change. Some photos don't seem to be too affected by the Lightroom export initially, but once transferred to another device or programme, it really becomes accentuated. I assume the variation is just due to the variation of colours in each individual photo.

1st CV transfer                              1st Lightroom export                                 

Colour change Lightroom 2.png

2nd CV tranfser                  2nd Lightroom export (compensated for change)

Colour change Lightroom 1.png

To the best of my knowledge, I have not made any changes to the Lightroom settings (or export settings) and also am not aware of any other changes that I have made.

Your helps with this problem would really be appreciated as it's impossible to go like this! I have almost completely stopped editing photos (and taking them), due to the nightmare I know I will have to face with exporting/ publishing photos.

Thank you very much in advance!