• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Switching to Outline View with Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 21.1.0 and Nvidia384.76

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated my Nvidia graphix driver to 384.76, Illustrator stopped switching to "Outline View" when GPU performance is enabled. I reset my Illustrator settings and tried again but the problem still persisted.

Finally I rolled back NVidia driver to previous version 382.53 and all started to work normally.

Any idea how to fix this with the latest driver or are you or Nvidia aware of the issue and plan to fix this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

We have some good news and progress to share. NVIDIA has been able to reproduce and fix the issue. They are currently working on a fix to be available in the next NVIDIA driver posting. We do not yet know the date of when the driver will be available but will let you know when it is.

Please vote on the issue here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/31557382-outline-preview-bug We will keep you posted on the UserVoice about the progress.

Thank you NVIDIA

Som

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you on and graphics card model number?

We rarely get problems on the mac, but this post  Adobe Illustrator Outline View VERY slow!  si setting a record and has been going on since January. Nvidia has not been very responsive lately as we used to see them on the forums in the past.

Guessing you are PC, because the driver support for mac is horrible and you cannot find older drivers easily and most mac cards now are AMD. But seems there is something about outline mode & GPU that  Adobe need to address with the graphics cards manufacturers.

Count yourself lucky  you are able to rollback the driver, i would save a copy of the installer on your computer as you may have a hard time finding that in the future.

If the driver you have works, why do you want to change to the newer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to mention. I'm using an Asus ROG laptop with Windows 10 and Nvidia GTX850M.

Yes, I have things working now but it's supposed to work with latest drivers, versions etc. I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have some good news and progress to share. NVIDIA has been able to reproduce and fix the issue. They are currently working on a fix to be available in the next NVIDIA driver posting. We do not yet know the date of when the driver will be available but will let you know when it is.

Please vote on the issue here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/31557382-outline-previe... We will keep you posted on the UserVoice about the progress.

Thank you NVIDIA

Some technical details: The only affected systems are MSHybrid + Windows 10. MSHybrid is short for essentially, a system that houses both discrete GPU and Integrated GPU.

Meanwhile, additional keystrokes can help you.

Keyboard shortcuts – CTRL+E toggles GPU and CPU mode – CTRL+Y toggles between outline preview mode and the last preview mode (GPU/CPU)

WORKAROUND

1. if you have to move to outline mode press CTRL+E before to get into CPU mode and then press CTRL+Y

2. If you have to come out of outline mode press CTRL+Y you will come back to CPU preview mode as that was the last used mode in step 1.

3. Now press CTRL+E again to get back to GPU mode

4. repeat steps 1-3 each time you have to go to outline preview mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines