• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import from Pictures edited in PSE to LR without having PSE anymore...

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening

The situation: definitve crash of my pc 1 week ago

I had just done exactly copy of harddisk C and D of my laptop to my NAS, all data are in nAS

I was using  PSE 10 as organizer: 30000pictures, many keywords and so on...

I was determined to start organize my pictures with LR and forget PSE

I will download, as 2nd pc LR and PS  which I was just starting to use some day before crash...

In the new pc, which will be the best way to proceed? Will the order "upgrade to PSE" work, even if PSE is not really installed?

Thank you

Curzio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Hi Curzio,

Lightroom can read the PSE catalog and can use the edits made on your images in PSE to further manage them in collections.Take a look at this article How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom catalogs, or apps such as iPhoto in Lightroom

The best way would be to keep all the images on the NAS and as you've mentioned that everything you have resides on a NAS, make sure that your Lightroom catalog is stored locally on your computer or an external drive.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curzio,

Lightroom can read the PSE catalog and can use the edits made on your images in PSE to further manage them in collections.Take a look at this article How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom catalogs, or apps such as iPhoto in Li...

The best way would be to keep all the images on the NAS and as you've mentioned that everything you have resides on a NAS, make sure that your Lightroom catalog is stored locally on your computer or an external drive.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

As a beginner, I was reading about metadata in these days and your answer make me sure. So, I'll tryĀØ

Thanks

Curzio

-

Messaggio originale -

Da : forums_noreply@adobe.com

Data : 18/07/2017 - 16:43 (UTC)

A : curziob@bluewin.ch

Oggetto : Import from Pictures edited in PSE to LR without having PSE anymore...

Import from Pictures edited in PSE to LR without having PSE anymore... created by Akash Sharma in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Hi Curzio,

Lightroom can read the PSE catalog and can use the edits made on your images in PSE to further manage them in collections.Take a look at this article How to import photos from Photoshop Elements, other Lightroom catalogs, or apps such as iPhoto in Lightroom

Thanks,

Akash

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9709361#9709361 and clicking ā€˜Correctā€™ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9709361#9709361

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines