1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 2:34 PM by JJMack

How to remove - Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected.  The selection edges will not be visible.

onciest Level 1

Is there a way to completely remove this? Even if you make a selection with a large feather radius it is still feathering it regardless, that selection is just invisible. The people here that are answering it are treating it as an error and the only symptom is to not use a large amount of feather strength and try again. The message is really annoying, as I use frequently I might add. So I was wondering if somebody out there could make a script or help me find one, because google itself is littered with this question, but the "resolved answer" doesn't really do anything or relate to what I am asking.

Any ideas?

I've been dealing with it for years, sure I can deal with it some more, but I just thought it would be fixed down the road, as it is a rather strange bug to leave lying around.

• 1. Re: How to remove - Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected.  The selection edges will not be visible.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

It is not a bug it a message.  Informing you will not see where you just selected some pixels.  Users expect to see marching ants near where pixels are selected. You should not see this message in an automated process like a script or action  However, a Script or action may also fail if no pixels are selected at all.  For the next thing  that script or actions is going to do is use the selection it just made and that will fail for there is no selection.  The message is displayed in Photoshop UI not in Automation.  Photoshop has many selection tools if you use the in Photoshop UI you may get that  message.   You only see Error message from Action and Scripts not informative messages.  Script can even turn off recording history states.

You would need to make all selection from Action and scripts not use Photoshop selection tools in Photoshop UI.