A stop message should work. There is no box you want to check. You want the action to stop so you can move the layer. You move the layer then click Play ant the action continue. That the way stop works. The action stops in the stop step. You do what you want to do then click Play and the action continues from the step after the stop step.
That won't work but I did find a workaround. The problem is you can't do
anything with moving a layer when the action is paused. The workaround is
do a control t or free transform on the layer. Then you can do a pause and
move as needed when you complete the transformation including the move it
Tucker Creative Photo
I have years of experance creating and editint action. What you write is not correct. You can also make an interactive steps where you the user has control to perform a transform.
Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
- Action Actions Palette Tips.txt
- Action Creation Guidelines.txt
- Action Dealing with Image Size.txt
- Action Enhanced via Scripted Photoshop Functions.txt
- CraftedActions.atn Sample Action set includes an example Watermarking action
- Sample Actions.txt Photoshop CraftedActions set saved as a text file.
- More then a dozen Scripts for use in actions