• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help With Quick Selection On 2017

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, Just having a huge issue with....well....basically everything, but specifically the quick selection tool. I just want to outline and cut out a picture of a person for work. It is an extremely simple shot, but quick selection and magic want keep picking up on their individual features (like eyes, cheekbones) and separating them off which I do not want.  and I quite simply cannot do it. I have watched a billion tutorial videos, but cannot get this right.. I have reset the tools several times, and now I'm just becoming furious. I need photoshop for work, but it is just massively difficult to use, especially for tasks like this, but I need to use it for my job. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post moved out of the Forum Lounge (not for technical support) and over to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Quick selection is often good for a quick start - and occasionally can produce a decent selection on a simple well defined outline. However it is best to treat it as the starting point and take that initial selection into Select and Mask .

Inside select and mask you do have the quick selection tool to add to your selection (you can also hold down the Alt key to remove areas from the selection).
You then have refine edge for those non simple edges like fur or hair.

Finally a brush to touch up the selection.

You can output from Select and Mask as a selection or as a mask (which is a much better way of using part of an image than cutting as the mask can be altered later)

Learn how to use the dedicated Select And Mask workspace in Photoshop CC.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines