Thanks for your reply.
Yes that is the link I am using.
Since my initial post I have updated Windows 10 to the Creators update,
.... XD still isn't showing in Creative Cloud under all apps, and the download page (the link you pointed me to) tells me I need the Anniversary Update.
I previously had XD on my windows 7 laptop, which was where I initially installed Creative Cloud desktop....the windows 10 computer has the second CC installation on the same account. It's only recently I looked for XD, it was in the start menu on my computer, when I tried to open XD it reported that it needed to update. When I tried to update CC desktop opened without the app showing, the same behaviour as when I try the direct download link.
I'm wondering if some of the program files could have been inadvertently removed or corrupted?
Thanks for your time.
Apologize for the late response. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.
The team also suggested the following solution. Can you try and let us know?
- Disable Windows Compatibility mode for the Creative Cloud desktop app:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\
- Right-click Creative Cloud.exe and choose Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, deselect the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Restart your computer.
- Launch the Creative Cloud desktop app.
The solution suggested by the team worked
XD is back.... Compatibility mode was set to Windows 8.
thanks Preran, I'm delighted.