3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 12:49 PM by Redcritimo

Copy pasting keyframe position onto a mask ?

Redcritimo

Hi,

I have this Background : 

2017-07-13 21_55_44-Adobe After Effects CC 2017 - E__Documents_After Effects_Dedoublement.aep _.png

These persons passing by :

2017-07-13 21_56_52-Adobe After Effects CC 2017 - E__Documents_After Effects_Dedoublement.aep _.png

I singled out the little girl using a mask like this like this :

2017-07-13 21_58_30-Adobe After Effects CC 2017 - E__Documents_After Effects_Dedoublement.aep _.png

I tracked her using the tracker :

2017-07-13 21_59_25-Adobe After Effects CC 2017 - E__Documents_After Effects_Dedoublement.aep _.png

Now what I want is copy past the keyframes of the tracker onto the mask so it can follow her, is there a way to do that ? I also tried the "track mask" option which fail to track her whole body properly... Please I don't want to manualy keyframe my mask ☺

• 1. Re: Copy pasting keyframe position onto a mask ?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

This is not possible. Masks have no native transform property. I don't realyl see the problem, though. since you use a rather simple and wide mask, this can't take more than a handful of keyframes and it will look better with the smoothing than it would with the tracking. Otherwise if something is to complicated for AE itself you can always try mochaAE which comes with every CC install of AE

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Copy pasting keyframe position onto a mask ?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make a null object. Make that the target for your tracking data so that the null moves to match the girl.

Make a solid layer, make a mask on the solid layer, parent the solid layer to the tracking data null.

Duplicate your footage layer, move it directly under your new solid and use the solid as a track matte (alpha, not luma).

Or, as Mylenium says, since it's such a loose mask, just keyframe the mask path property.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Copy pasting keyframe position onto a mask ?
              Redcritimo Level 1

Thank you, yes indeed you guys are both right manualy keyframing works also reall well, I guess I thought at first it would be a pain in the *** to manualy keyframe but it ends up being faster like thisy indeed