Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maskign out using without using the hand

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to reproduce an effect from a video I have seen, there I made a gif to show which one specifically : Dedoublement.gif

I'm pretty sure he uses some kind of diference masks because I spotted some errors :

Dedoublement.00_01_37_27.Still001.jpg

Here you can see the girls being half transparent.

I would like to know how to mask out people from that background without having to manually do it by hand ? I guess you have to use the difference mode and then create a luma matte ? But I can't figure out on how to do it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

The key is a locked camera and a clean plate. using an empty background to compare footage too makes difference matting much easier. you can export frames and average them together using this trick to get a clean plate. and then under Effects>Keying you'll find the Difference Matte Effect. set it to reference the clean plate as the background and play with the settings until you get something you like. you may need to do additional masking by hand for tricky "near matching" colors but that'll ge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have the clean plate, you can use difference matte effect. here's a very cool tutorial about it:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key is a locked camera and a clean plate. using an empty background to compare footage too makes difference matting much easier. you can export frames and average them together using this trick to get a clean plate. and then under Effects>Keying you'll find the Difference Matte Effect. set it to reference the clean plate as the background and play with the settings until you get something you like. you may need to do additional masking by hand for tricky "near matching" colors but that'll get you most of the way there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the responses, I have a clean plate, and I was finaly able to single out the person moving in front of a background  using "the difference matte" effect, using these settings i:

2017-07-14 17_02_35-Adobe After Effects CC 2017 - Untitled Project.aep _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines