• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Populate picture boxes over multiple pages from images folder randomly.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am creating some people bingo cards in indesign, which involves populating a grid of nine picture boxes over multiple pages with around 200 people images. The images need to be placed randomly. Rather than placing manually any suggestions for automating this? Any scripts? Help much appreciated.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign Scripting forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be tempted no t to script it but use data-merge. Excel can probably generate random values true a formula and all you have left is setting a datamerge layout.

However I am guessing bingo cards can't just host random numbers. It's likely there are some order into chaos logic, don't they ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I will have a template with 9 picture boxes x 200 pages. All the 9x200 need to be randomly populated with pictures of people from a folder containing 200 pictures. It's for a conference. The company are giving a prize to the first attendee to get a full house.

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are files named ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not consistently. Full persons name sometimes with a space and sometimes without, all jpegs.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines