Let´s try to star with a screenshot or, even better, a small, only one page .muse with only this issue.
Share it via dropbox or CC or wetransfer. So we could have look.
From guessing, do you have maybe another layer above the video which hides it?
ime a blank white page = you used a non-standard codex to make this mp4 and your browser can't play it because the codex is local system only
but I agree without the .muse file for testing its just a guess in the dark
I have created a top-most layer and assigned a video widget with the mp4 and webm links. I tried again and met with the same problem. I also tried exporting the html to my desktop to use that as a playback test. I did this twice and had no error -- but there was also no html export. So, another weird sign — that maybe i should uninstall and reinstall?? (would that include finding and installing my widgets all over?)
Here was the process for the video: created uncompressed mov file from After Effects. used Handbrake to compress to a web-optimized mp4. created the webm file using ANYmp4Converter.
If I used an uncompressed mov file with Muse, would Muse take that and apply the compression / codec to the degree we could take the question of codec out of play?
2 people found this helpful
send the file up to vimeo and point muse to that file with whatever widget you want to use... vimeo will auto unpack | repack the file to fix any cofec issue.
if Muse plays the video now then you know what the problem was and can leep using vimeo to host your file or take it back down and use a different way to make your video.
Starting with a new file, i brought in the widget and linked the mp4 and the webm video. All I got from Preview Page in browser was a 10 px deep video. I exported the html and it played. I put it in Vimeo and linked that way -- all good. So that was helpful.
I need to disable player controls and enable autoplay. Pretty sure I could look that up and embed the html code. But what a complete hassle. There were tests I ran that with a responsive page it did not work and fixed it did. I told Muse Themes it rendered the template unusable and especially with the the typeset errors I was getting on export.
"If you want something done right, do it yourself." Thanks, Ussnorway.