5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2006 10:16 AM by Newsgroup_User

rotate objects

makate Level 1
      i have been given a task of rotating an image of the world, make a dove flapping its wings and a bible paging. how can i achieve this or alternatively where can i get gifs of them..
        • 1. Re: rotate objects
          Level 7
          "makate" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e51tko$t72$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >i have been given a task of rotating an image of the world, make a dove flapping its wings and a bible paging. how can i achieve
          >this or alternatively where can i get gifs of them..

All of those goals are much easier to do with tools other than Flash but once done you can import the image frames into Flash. You
          are on the right track with the animated gif idea.
          Search for animated gifs of those things and import onto movieclip timelines.
          tralfaz

• 2. Re: rotate objects
            makate Level 1
            URL please....
            • 3. Re: rotate objects
              albee
              Look in Sham Bhangal's excellent "Flash Hacks" to show you about books with turning pages and flapping wings. As far as a rotating world image, you will need to either create a frame-by-frame animation (much like you would an animated GIF), or do a loop animation with a modified world map (like a Mercator projection) masked out to look like a globe.

Hope this helps...

Albee
              • 4. Re: rotate objects
                makate Level 1
                where can i get ready made gifs to download..
                • 5. Re: rotate objects
                  Level 7
                  "makate" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e63rdi$liq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > where can i get ready made gifs to download..

Just put earth.gif in google search. Many are not animated but you will have 257,000 to check.
                  Or put earth.gif animated. Reduces down to 925 to look at.
                  There are sites like this one that have just earth animations..
                  http://www.worldtimzone.com/worldani/timani.html

Each site has different copyright situations. some are free to use, some require a link, some require a payment.
                  If you want to find animated gifs of all kinds, put "animated gifs" in google search. google is your friend.
                  tralfaz