• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Illustrator CS6 copy and paste not always work?

Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Illustrator CS6 installed on my Windows 7 64-bit computer. Recently problems begun with copy and paste. When I open a drawing and select an object, I can duplicate it by copy and paste it (I know, select Alt-drag is a more elegant way to duplicate objects, but old habits die hard). Copy and paste normally works the first time I am using it after I have loaded Illustrator, however, when I repeat it, select the same object again, I can't paste it anymore. Apparently it has not been copied into the clipboard again. This error occurs most of the times, but occasionally the copy and past function works. I could not work out any pattern that would explain this, with the exception that text is always copied, so this problem does not apply to text elements. Even, if I select a text element together with the path that won't copy, it also works, both elements together are pasted.

I would like to add that I completely re-installed Illustrator, which did not change anything, and that I have no app installed that would manage the clipboard.

Any help would be appreciated!

Andreas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?