Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from photo to photo

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is my first time here, but I have a question for the group.

Is there a way to move from photo to photo in the library view without actually selecting from the first photo to move on to the next photo.

I import into the library a series of photos. Then I put the view into just 2 or 3 photos up on the screen. I do this to do a quick select/reject process. But to move from one photo to the next, I have to use the arrow key or the pen on my pad. Is there a way that automatically selects the next photo in line to peruse after taking an action on the first one without my having to physically select the next photo in line?

Thanks,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

I put the view into just 2 or 3 photos up on the screen

I take it from this in your post- you are wanting to advance a selection "Group" while in "Survey" view mode. (or 'shuffle' the group selection one photo in advance)

The easy answer is -No. (even with Capslock on- works for single selected photo only)

I find the simplest way is to hold one finger on the [Ctrl] key and use the mouse to both select and de-select photos on the Filmstrip, thus just selecting the photos I want to see in "Survey vie

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn CapsLock on.  That will turn on auto advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put the view into just 2 or 3 photos up on the screen

I take it from this in your post- you are wanting to advance a selection "Group" while in "Survey" view mode. (or 'shuffle' the group selection one photo in advance)

The easy answer is -No. (even with Capslock on- works for single selected photo only)

I find the simplest way is to hold one finger on the [Ctrl] key and use the mouse to both select and de-select photos on the Filmstrip, thus just selecting the photos I want to see in "Survey view".  (Click /SHift+Click -  for a consecutive group)

And the selected photo on the Filmstrip that is the "Most Selected" (click on the centre of the photo thumbnail- the Lightest grey border) will be the one photo that gets flagged or star rated by a key press [P U X 1 2 3 4 5 etc]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines