Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import a RH 6 project

Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inherited our co's tech writer position. I am attempting to bring a RH 6 project into RH 7. When I try to open the XPJ file it first tells me the file is from older version and needs to be upgraded. I choose Upgrade and then I get an error and RH 7 closes. I have been able to upgrade other projects created by the other user. Perhaps there is something corrupt in this file. Is there a way to import the files involved and 'rebuild' this project?

BTW, I'm new to RoboHelp so if I'm asking 'newbie' questions, well there's a reason.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi luchesse. Congratulations on inheriting the new position and welcome to the world of RH.

You can start by looking at this link on Peter Grainge's site. Whilst you are there, bookmark his home page as it is an encyclopedia RH resource.

Something else to check is that your project's source files are on a local drive? RH and network drives aren't buddies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum. I appreciate the welcome too. I'll take a look over there.

jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OMG!! Thank You and Peter Grainge. Phew, I am glad I don't have to worry about recreating that project from scratch. I haven't gone over it completely to verify everything is there but at least it's there and I can open it up.

Wow!

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp